'How can I improve video quality?' , is a question many aspiring and amateur filmmakers and vloggers ask themselves (and Google) early in their journey to greatness, as they strive to bring their audience an optimum viewing experience. As, let's face it, no one wants to be pumping out low-res content that appears to have been filmed on a Motorola RAZR (circa 2006).
Amongst having high quality background music, having high res video content to match is a must in the video production world. So, whether you're looking to fine tune your expertise on video production, or just better the quality of your YouTube channel we're here to help with a list of the 15 best video quality enhancers available right now.
Top 15 Video Quality Enhancers
Free Software to Improve Video Quality
- Wondershare Filmora
- Windows Video Editor
Paid Software to Improve Video Quality
- Pinnacle Studio
- VideoStudio Pro
- Final Cut Pro X
- Vegas Pro
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- CyberLink PowerDirector 365
Apps to Improve Video Quality
Free Software To Improve Video Quality
Before you consider purchasing a software or software subscription, we suggest you read up about the free software currently available, below.
Wondershare Filmora is a video editor for storytellers.
It’s extremely easy to use, which makes it perfect for beginners and has full 4K support to ensure your videos are of the highest standard.
How Can I Improve Video Quality in Wondershare?
- Enhance colours
- Manipulate speed
- Use crop and rotate tools
- Try handcrafted overlays and filters
- Play with sound controls
- Add texts and titles
- Eliminate camera shakes with video stabilisation
Like the beloved Windows Movie Maker, Window’s brand-new Video Editor (automatically installed in hardware using Windows 10) is a fuss-free approach to editing videos of any kind.
How Can I Improve Quality In Windows Video Editor?
- Trim, rotate and resize
- Add text and title cards
- Add 3D objects
- Speed up and slow down videos
Sure, most people are familiar with iMovie – Apple’s free-to-download answer to video editing – but most have no idea what they can accomplish with the free-to-use tool. (Hint: it’s pretty effective!)
How Can I Improve Video Quality In iMovie?
- Choose from 10 high-fidelity filters
- Add special effects and transition clips
- Adjust audio levels
- Crop footage to your chosen size
- Switch up the speed
- Reduce background noise
For those looking for a familiar, old-school approach to editing videos, look to Avidemux: a simple but effective editor that chooses substance over style.
How Can I Improve Video Quality In Avidemux?
- Cut, crop and resize clips
- Remove video borders
- Experiment with audio and optical filters
- Sharpen and reduce background noise
- Add and remove colour
A complete all-rounder, Movavi is an intuitive video editor that eschews being over-complicated and promises to turn your home into a creative studio.
How Can I Improve Video Quality In Movavi?
- Tune saturation, contrast and brightness levels
- Modify temperature, shadows and hue
- Add filters, text and transitions
- Attach video on video
- Stabilise shaky videos
- Pan and zoom
Shotcut has become the go-to for many video editors thanks to its smart, commonsensical interface that proves to be extremely straightforward to use.
How Can I Improve Video Quality In Shotcut?
- Manipulate audio
- Experiment with three colour grading wheels
- Darken, dodge, burn and overlay visuals
- Use smart blur, spot remover and lens collection tools
- Speed up, slow down and reverse scenes
Paid Software to Improve Video Quality
If you’re looking to dramatically upgrade your content, you may choose to consider paid software to improve video quality. Take a look at the best choices currently available, below.
Pinnacle Studio is a sleek-looking video editing software that’s already extremely popular (as in 13 million users popular) with advanced media creators across the world.
How Can I Improve Video Quality In Pinnacle Studio?
- Colour grade videos
- Use target special effects (e.g. brightening faces, background blurring)
- Layer clips
- Clone objects
- Remove distractions and shakiness
Corel’s award-winning software VideoStudio Pro features a myriad of tools to help content creators transform their videos into professional films.
How Can I Improve Video Quality In Corel VideoStudio Pro?
- Colour and lens correction
- Pan and zoom
- Use templates and overlays
- Choose from hundreds of filters
- Try action camera correction
Dubbed ‘The professional editor for everyone’, Lightworks comes complete with top-notch features that have been used to refine some of the finest films in history – including The Wolf of Wall Street, The King’s Speech and Pulp Fiction!
How Can I Improve Video Quality In Lightworks?
- Fine-tune colours
- Slow down, speed up and reverse playback
- Split, crop, mix and trim videos
- Use lossless export for optimal quality
- Create visual effects and transitions
10. Final Cut Pro X
OK, so we’ve covered iMovie, so now it’s time to turn our attention to Apple’s premium video editor – Final Cut Pro X. Offering the topmost moviemaking experience available outside of Hollywood, this aesthetically-pleasing software can transform your videos into a film fit for the silver screen.
How Can I Improve Video Quality on Final Cut Pro?
- Add motion graphics
- Edit multi-channel audio
- Eliminate grain with noise reduction
- Adjust hues with colour grading tools
- Edit with RAW data straight from the camera sensor
11. Vegas Pro
Vegas Pro is an AI-supported production software that’s fit for two types of people: 1) Those who already have experience within the media industry and are familiar with professional editing softwares and 2) The aspiring creatives that are looking to learn new skills and create content that’s on par with the best in the world.
How Can I Improve Video Quality In Vegas Pro?
- Add special effects
- Adjust colours with sensitive colour wheels and curves
- Stabilise videos
- Colourise dull footage
- Add flicker and denoise filters
Adobe Premiere Pro is the 16-year-old, industry-leading video editor that everyone has heard of – and for good reason. It’s extremely easy to use, compatible with a range of other software, devices and plugins, and can edit footage in any format, from 8K to virtual reality.
How Can I Improve Video Quality in Adobe Premiere Pro?
- Put Adobe’s automated tools powered by Adobe Sensei into practice
- Reformat video with auto reframe
- Use Lumetri Colour Tools
- Trim footage with precision
- Add animation and visual effects
CyberLink PowerDirector 365 is bursting with premium tools that instantly enhance your content, which is why it should be considered by everyone looking to improve their productions.
How Can I Improve Video Quality in CyberLink PowerDirector?
- Use wizard tool to combine and optimise videos in seconds
- Add slow motion and fast motion effects
- Correct colour distortion
- Stabilise shaky footage
- Correct fish-eye distortions
- Experiment with stop motion, freeze frame, zoom and pan
Apps To Improve Video Quality
So, is there an app to improve video quality? Well, of course there is. Multiple, in fact. Here are our favourites for Android and iPhone.
Free and fool-proof, Videoshop is a free-to-download video editing app that offers tons of features to help you take your content to the next level.
How Can I Improve Video Quality in Videoshop?
Videoshop enables you to:
- Apply different filters
- Merge videos
- Reverse, flip, rotate and tilt-shift your video
- Test out slow motion and fast motion effects
Our Favourite App to Improve Video Quality on iPhone
Wondering how to improve video quality on an iPhone? The InShot app encourages users to tap into their creativity by providing them with the tools to produce professional-looking films.
How Can I Improve Video Quality in InShot?
InShot has loads of features to take your video content up a notch or two – you can:
- Trim, cut and crop videos
- Merge multiple clips into one
- Adjust audio levels
- Add text, stickers and custom images
- Adjust video speed with special filters
- Adjust video brightness, contrast and saturation
Choose one of these video editing softwares to enhance the quality of your production and you’ll be a step closer to wrapping up your film/vlog. What comes after that? Finding high-quality music tracks to complement your video, of course.
Fortunately for you, we’ve got over 175,000 tracks available in our world-renowned digital catalogue. Have a listen to our latest releases and our ever-changing playlists, or discover the perfect track for your production – whether you’re producing B2B content or a video for YouTube.
Need Music for Your Project?
At Audio Network we create original music, of the highest quality, for broadcasters, brands, creators, agencies and music fans everywhere. Through clear and simple licensing, we can offer you a huge variety of the best quality music across every conceivable mood and genre. Find out how we can connect you with the perfect collaborator today by clicking the button below!